Ringling College of Art & Design needed a partner to implement a complex redesign and migrate hundreds of pages of content for three different sites, all within the parameters of standard TYPO3.
Ringling College of Art & Design is one of the premier U.S. visual arts schools and a leader in the use of technology in the arts. It’s no surprise then that they were already using TYPO3, a favorite among universities for its multi-user editing capabilities. ID was excited to help Ringling migrate hundreds of pages of content for three different sites to their new student-produced design.
Ringling’s new design was dynamic in every sense of the word, full of interactivity and extensive media, video, and image galleries, so ID implemented a tag-based news system to build on TYPO3’s user-friendly content tools. Just prior to launch, ID then implemented RealURL, which creates human-speaking URLs to ensure strong SEO and display relevant URLs from the old and new sites. When it came time to implement the mobile version, jQuery mobile was the clear choice for its lightweight functionality on a range of devices, including iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, and Android.
“Infield Digital’s expertise in TYPO3 was essential during the content migration of our website to a new design. Our 60 content providers across campus continued updating their content right after migration without any interruption in service or change in workflow. Since our first meeting, the team at Infield Digital has been interested in the fine details of our business. They understand our needs very well and strive to provide solutions that fit within our environment.”
– Luis Hernandez, Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives for Institutional Technology, Ringling College of Art & Design
A few highlights from the new ringling.edu
- Pixel-perfect execution of an intricate design highlights Ringling’s tradition in technology and innovation, all within native TYPO3.
- Extension-light implementation ensures smooth future upgrades with no dependencies
- Customized, media-specific forms on the backend allow content providers to easily update different media files
- Easy-to-manage page templates that work with a variety of media, and within a variety of platforms, including IE7 and mobile
- jQuery-driven mobile with snappy page loads/transitions, and TYPO3 integration for easy content updates