For over a decade, Bianchi USA, which serves Bianchi’s largest market, has relied on Infield Digital for strategy, design, and commerce support to enhance the face of the nearly 130-year-old brand.
Founded in 1885, Bianchi has stood as the oldest and most prestigious name in cycling. Since 2000, ID has partnered with Bianchi USA on a range of projects, from Bianchi’s annual printed catalog to its interactive presence, including successive iterations of a website and online store.
"It's a balancing act — we need to maintain the U.S. face of a historic European brand while remaining fresh and competitive. The guys at Infield Digital understand our brand and our challenges. We can ask them for something and they lay out the options in plain English and just get it done, without all the tech talk."
– David Reed, V.P. Marketing, Bianchi USA
Infield Digital identified three objectives for bianchiusa.com that have guided our work over the years: protecting the Bianchi image while balancing Bianchi corporate guidelines with U.S-specific branding; supporting Bianchi’s sales and dealer network with a multi-tiered commerce platform; and streamlining the site’s enterprise CMS.
As the Bianchi USA site serves multiple end users, including Bianchi consumers, sales reps, dealers, and community members, ID implemented key features to address these users' specific needs:
- Password-protected sales & dealer site.
- CMS tools and workflows to simplify the process of adding new bike models and other dynamic content.
- Zip-code driven dealer search that provides customers with a mapped listing of their nearest Bianchi-equipped bike shops.
- Store integration with Bianchi email newsletter.
- An active Facebook and Flickr presence.