Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from Apache. Solr is highly reliable, scalable and fault tolerant, providing distributed indexing, replication and load-balanced querying, automated failover and recovery, centralized configuration and more. Solr powers the search and navigation features of many of the world’s largest internet sites.
Solr is a standalone enterprise search server with a REST-like API. You index documents via XML, JSON, CSV or binary over HTTP. You query it via HTTP GET and receive XML, JSON, CSV or binary results.
- Advanced full-text search capabilities
- Optimized for high-volume web traffic
- Standards-based open interfaces – XML, JSON and HTTP
- Comprehensive HTML administration interfaces
- Server statistics exposed over JMX for monitoring
- Linearly scalable, auto-index replication, auto failover and recovery
- Near real-time indexing
- Flexible and adaptable with XML configuration
- Extensible plugin architecture